Scipio Bioscience is a start-up company developing an innovative solution for sample preparation in single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq). This solution, based on a kit format and complemented by a SaaS product for the analysis of the data from this kit, will allow decentralized and flexible sample preparation in all laboratories and will provide the means for new advances first in transcriptomics but also in all fields of clinical and fundamental research. Hosted in the heart of Paris (Institut du Cerveau, Pitié Salpêtrière), it has a multidisciplinary team of about twenty people and is supported by a recent €6 million fundraising campaign.
We are seeking a meticulous and adaptable sales administrator to manage our purchase orders and invoices, relay order instructions, follow payments and complete monthly sales and customer satisfaction reports.
Our offer enables all life science researchers to easily access the promising technology of single-cell sequencing, which greatly enhances possibilities of existing bulk genomic sequencing. Our product, based on an innovative proprietary method, is a laboratory research tool to prepare samples for single-cell RNA sequencing. Our laboratory kits are accompanied by a cloud-based software to analyze results of single-cell sequencing.
Our clients are researchers, mainly academics, in all fields of medical/life science. In the first commercial phase we’ll be aiming for direct sales on priority markets (Germany, UK, Switzerland/Sweden, France). Market distribution within the sales team to be discussed with respect to the candidate’s background.
Salary range €25-35K depending on experience.
Candidates are expected to include a covering letter at the beginning of their CV explaining their motivations for applying.
- Receive, verify and process purchase orders
- Ensure order fulfillment and customer satisfaction
- Contact customers by phone or email to answer queries and obtain missing information Issue sales transaction invoices
- Follow payments and customer balances, take appropriate action in case of delay
- Maintain and update sales and customer records
- Direct feedback from customers to relevant departments
- Support the sales department with other tasks, as required
Candidates must demonstrate the skills necessary to successfully perform their role AND to fit with Scipio bioscience’s strong company culture:
- Ability to work in a demanding fast-paced environment (start-up environment)
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Advanced knowledge of administrative processes and recordkeeping
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills Personal and business integrity
- Readiness to investigate
- R&D environment / dominant culture
- Strong company attachment to key values: kindness, diversity, cooperativity, honesty
- Minimum of three years working in sales as an administrator or support agent
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or experience in a relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French (essential) and German (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Experience with MS Dynamics
- Negotiation skills