Scipio Bioscience is a start-up company developing an innovative solution for sample preparation in single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq). This solution, based on a kit format and complemented by a SaaS product for the analysis of the data from this kit, will allow decentralized and flexible sample preparation in all laboratories and will provide the means for new advances first in transcriptomics but also in all fields of clinical and fundamental research. Hosted in the heart of Paris (Institut du Cerveau, Pitié Salpêtrière), it has a multidisciplinary team of about twenty people and is supported by a recent €6 million fundraising campaign.
As one of the first members of our emerging sales & marketing team, you’ll be in charge of the business management of our first line of products and their commercial success.
Our offer enables all life science researchers to easily access the promising technology of single-cell sequencing, which greatly enhances possibilities of existing bulk genomic sequencing. Our product, based on an innovative proprietary method, is a laboratory research tool to prepare samples for single-cell RNA sequencing. Our laboratory kits are accompanied by a cloud-based software to analyze results of single-cell sequencing.
Our clients are researchers, mainly academics, in all fields of medical/life science. In the first commercial phase we’ll be aiming for direct sales in France. Market distribution within the sales team to be discussed with respect to the candidate’s background.
Salary range €60-80K depending on experience.
Candidates are expected to include a cover letter at the beginning of their CV explaining their motivations for applying.
- Lead the successful commercial launch of our first sc-RNAseq in Europe and take responsibility for the product life cycle management
- Monitor beta-testing and early-access users campaigns and provide feedback to R&D and Manufacturing upon needs
- Define product promotion strategy and develop promotion and sales collaterals for the product, including fact sheets, posters and talks at targeted events, webinars, demos, user’s manual (written and video) in collaboration with the team
- Contribute to product pricing
- Lead all product management related activities and champion cross-functional activities to maximize overall product line performance including revenue growth, margin improvement, cost reduction, quality and delivery.
- Gather, manage, and prioritise market/customer requirements in order to constantly adjust the product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Act as the voice of customers and work closely with R&D, sales, marketing, and support to ensure business case and customer satisfaction goals are met. Be a market expert and understand the reasons customers purchase products. This includes a deep understanding of the competition, and how customers think of and buy products in our sector
- Monitor and assess competitive products and programs and as a result develop and implement proactive strategies to strengthen the product line’s competitive edge
- Monitor market short and long term needs and develop the business case for new products, improvements to existing products, and business ventures
Candidates must demonstrate the skills necessary to successfully perform their role AND to fit with Scipio bioscience’s strong company culture:
- Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment (start-up environment)
- Capable of understanding complex technologies and applications
- Technical product knowledge or specific domain expertise
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching products that meet and exceed business objectives
- Expertise in multiomics, biochemistry, genetics, NGS including deep understanding of the single-cell market.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build rapport with all stakeholders
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Personal and business integrity
- Readiness to investigate
- Results orientated
- R&D environment / dominant culture
- Strong company attachment to key values: kindness, diversity, cooperativity, honesty
- Higher studies in life science enabling understanding of single-cell sequencing (PhD preferred but would consider non-PhD candidates with minimum 3-5 years lab-based experience). Preferred specialism: genomics, cellular biochemistry, bioinformatics and/or similar disciplines offering a sound understanding of genetics, multiomics and cellular mechanisms
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or experience in a relevant field
- Previous experience as a Product Manager in the omics field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French (essential).
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships. Experience with MS Dynamics CRM is a plus