Scipio Bioscience is a start-up company developing an innovative solution for sample preparation in single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq). This solution, based on a kit format and complemented by a SaaS product for the analysis of the data from this kit, will allow decentralized and flexible sample preparation in all laboratories and will provide the means for new advances first in transcriptomics but also in all fields of clinical and fundamental research. Hosted in the heart of Paris (Institut du Cerveau, Pitié Salpêtrière), it has a multidisciplinary team of about twenty people and is supported by a recent €6 million fundraising campaign.
As one of the first members of our emerging sales team, you’ll be in charge of the online sales of our first products to our first clients. Your role will be to implement and grow online sales.
Our offer enables all life science researchers to easily access the promising technology of single-cell sequencing, which greatly enhances possibilities of existing bulk genomic sequencing. Our product, based on an innovative proprietary method, is a laboratory research tool to prepare samples for single-cell RNA sequencing. Our laboratory kits are accompanied by a cloud-based software to analyze results of single-cell sequencing.
Our clients are researchers, mainly academics, in all fields of medical/life science. In the first commercial phase we’ll be aiming for direct sales in France. Market distribution within the sales team to be discussed with respect to the candidate’s background.
Salary range €65-75K depending on experience + commission .
Candidates are expected to include a cover letter at the beginning of their CV explaining their motivations for applying.
- Define and implement digital sales strategy and techniques to establish marketing goals
- Work closely with the marketing and communication teams to optimize online presence to generate online sales prospects
- Develop best practices for online prospection, sales, and customer services
- Detect, prospect, and qualify new sales leads by cold-calling or e-mailing
- Organize and perform client presentations of our offer within agreed markets
- Coordinate clients’ pre-sales investigations with the internal support team
- Close commercial deals in optimum time frames
- Build relationships with clients to foster repeat buying
- Create innovative ways to build business from individual accounts
- Perform up-selling and cross-selling of products to clients
- Provide continuous and accurate client feedback to marketing/R&D/management
- Track all sales activities in the company CRM system and keep current by updating account information regularly
- Work with management to determine pricing schedules for promotions and deals, new product opportunities,
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends in digital marketing
Candidates must demonstrate the skills necessary to successfully perform their role AND to fit with Scipio bioscience’s strong company culture:
- Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment (start-up environment)
- Capable of understanding complex technologies and applications
- Attention to detail to spot trends and important information in data and statistics, and to find areas where improvements could be made to maximize sales
- Analytical thinking and proven ability to analyse data to formulate effective digital strategies
- Acute awareness of latest sales techniques, online trends and software
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build rapport with all stakeholders
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Personal and business integrity
- Readiness to investigate
- Results orientated
- R&D environment / dominant culture
- Strong company attachment to key values: kindness, diversity, cooperativity, honesty
- Higher studies in life science enabling understanding of single-cell sequencing (PhD preferred but would consider non-PhD candidates with minimum 3-5 years lab-based experience). Preferred specialism: genomics, cellular biochemistry, bioinformatics and/or similar disciplines offering a sound understanding of genetics, multiomics and cellular mechanisms
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or experience in a relevant field
- Experience of online sales or marketing (5 years minimum) to researchers and/or experience of sale of laboratory and/or research tools. Preferred experience in companies that specialize in technological products for the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French (essential).
- A thorough understanding of user search patterns, web editing techniques, and different software programs is key to this role
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships. Experience with MS Dynamics CRM is a plus
- Negotiation skills