Scipio Bioscience is a start-up company developing an innovative solution for sample preparation in single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq). This solution, based on a kit format and complemented by a SaaS product for the analysis of the data from this kit, will allow decentralized and flexible sample preparation in all laboratories and will provide the means for new advances first in transcriptomics but also in all fields of clinical and fundamental research. Hosted in the heart of Paris (Institut du Cerveau, Pitié Salpêtrière), it has a multidisciplinary team of about twenty people and is supported by a recent €6 million fundraising campaign.
• Be the “Lead Cloud Architect & DevOps” of the team
• Design, develop, optimize and maintain a high-performance, scalable and secure Cloud architecture for Scipio’s future software product, in a Big Data (single-cell RNA sequencing data) and HPC (high performance computing) context.
• Support the team in the transition to DevOps culture and tools
• Set up and develop CI/CD pipelines for data analysis workflows
• Ensure a regular technological watch on the technological tools of the market
• Communicate regularly with the team’s developers and bioinformaticians
• Contribute to Cloud technical support for customers and employees
Required profile/Required skills
• Engineering degree in computer science / IT or equivalent
• At least 3 years of experience as a Cloud Architect (AWS, GCP, Azure) for SaaS applications, ideally in a Big Data & HPC environment (Snakemake / Nextflow, Conda, Slurm, Lustre, Hadoop / Spark)
• At least 2 years of experience in the industry in software development / scripting / databases (Python / Bash, SQL / noSQL) and in DevOps (GitLab, Docker / Kubernetes / Singularity), ideally in Agile mode
• Not required but may be an asset: complementary experience in bioinformatics / healthcare data.
• Proficiency in written technical English and oral presentations (French or English)
• Autonomy, adaptability, rigor, intellectual curiosity and good interpersonal skills
• One-hour telephone interview with the Director of Bioinformatics
• Interview(s) with multi-disciplinary people, either in person or by video calls
• References check
• Please fill the form below OR apply on the APEC website.