Scipio bioscience is a French biotech startup developing, manufacturing and selling laboratory kits and analysis software for single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq). Single-cell sequencing is a most promising technology which greatly enhances possibilities of existing bulk genomic sequencing. Our goal is to enable all life-science researchers to easily access this new single-cell technology by breaking down the technical, logistical, and financial barriers through scientific innovation.
Scipio bioscience is backed by leading VCs (Seventure, M Ventures, HTGF, Verve Ventures, Arbevel) after 2 financing rounds: 1.5m€ seed in September 2017 and 6m€ Series A in January 2020. We are based in Paris 14 (at the hospital Cochin within the Paris Biotech Santé incubator) and our business language is English.
Our first commercial solution, based on an innovative proprietary method, has been announced at the Festival of Genomics & Biodata last January (watch our CEO’s presentation here). It consists of the Asteria benchtop kit for sample preparation and the Cytonaut cloud-based software service for analysis of sequencing results.
We are actively preparing the commercial launch of our solution taking place in the incoming months. Targeted customers are researchers, mainly academics, in all fields of medical/life science. A strong online marketing campaign as well as joint initiatives with leading industry partners and KOLs are the main marketing support actions for this launch.
Our go-to-market strategy is primarily through distributors in our main target countries, but we will also have direct sales in territories not yet covered by a distribution exclusivity.
Existing team and values
Scipio bioscience is a 38-person team sharing strong values, most notably: integrity, open-mindedness, rigor, and taste for challenge. Our work ethics are based on mutual trust, kindness, cooperativity, honesty, and diversity of thought, opinion and background.
Our first dedicated inside sales role includes the following duties:
- Answering and qualifying incoming sales leads and inquiries
- Identifying and prospecting outbound leads
- Coordinating clients’ pre-sales investigations with internal teams (support, R&D) and partners (distributors)
- Supporting customer success and building relationships to foster repeat purchasing
- Providing continuous and accurate customer reporting and feedback to marketing/R&D/management
- Monitoring and tracking all sales activities in company CRM system and update regularly
- Coordinating with manufacturing department to adjust production to sale volumes
- Keeping abreast of best practices and promotional trends
Candidates must demonstrate the skills necessary to successfully perform their role AND to fit with Scipio’s strong company culture:
- Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment (start-up environment)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build rapport with all stakeholders (internal / external)
- Understanding of complex technologies and applications
- Pragmatism and results orientation
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Taste for challenge
- Personal and business integrity
- At ease in an R&D environment / dominant culture
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong company attachment to key values: kindness, diversity, cooperativity, honesty
Education / Work Experience
- Higher studies in life science enabling understanding of NGS/single-cell sequencing. Preferred specialization: genomics, cellular biochemistry, bioinformatics
- Marketing/sales experience, preferably in companies that specialize in technological products for the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets similar to Thermofisher, Qiagen, Takara, BioRad etc
- Previous experience in the multi-omics field would be a strong asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French (essential)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with CRM practices. Experience with MS Dynamics CRM is a plus
- Negotiation skills