Scipio Bioscience is a start-up company developing an innovative solution for sample preparation in single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq). This solution, based on a kit format and complemented by a SaaS product for the analysis of the data from this kit, will allow decentralized and flexible sample preparation in all laboratories and will provide the means for new advances first in transcriptomics but also in all fields of clinical and fundamental research. Hosted in the heart of Paris (Institut du Cerveau, Pitié Salpêtrière), it has a multidisciplinary team of about twenty people and is supported by a recent €6 million fundraising campaign.
• Be a lead developer and share the culture of sustainable software development within the team.
• Design software architecture and develop new components for software products
• Improve and maintain existing software modules for the analysis of single cell RNA sequencing data (scRNA-seq), from raw data processing to post-processing and custom data visualization
• Evaluate and document the developed software components
• Perform regular code reviews, automate tests and participate in the DevOps effort
• Communicate regularly with the team’s bioinformaticians and biologists
• Participate in software technical support for customers and collaborators
Required profile/Required skills
• Engineering degree in software development, or equivalent
• At least 5 years of software development experience in the industry, ideally in Agile mode
• Expert level in good software development practices (design patterns, clean code, TDD, CI/CD, Git / GitLab etc.).
• Development experience in a Cloud environment (AWS / GCP / Azure)
• Not required but can be an asset: complementary experience in bioinformatics (R, Snakemake / Nextflow, Conda), big data / machine learning and high performance computing (HPC)
• Proficiency in written technical English and oral presentations (French or English)
• Autonomy, adaptability, rigor, intellectual curiosity and good interpersonal skills
• One-hour telephone interview with the Director of Bioinformatics
• Interview(s) with multi-disciplinary people, either in person or by video calls
• References check
• Please fill the form below and we will get back to you shortly!