Scipio Bioscience is a start-up company developing an innovative solution for sample preparation in single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq). This solution, based on a kit format and complemented by a SaaS product for the analysis of the data from this kit, will allow decentralized and flexible sample preparation in all laboratories and will provide the means for new advances first in transcriptomics but also in all fields of clinical and fundamental research. Hosted in the heart of Paris (Institut du Cerveau, Pitié Salpêtrière), it has a multidisciplinary team of about twenty people and is supported by a recent €6 million fundraising campaign.
As the first member of our emerging sales team, you’ll be directly in charge of selling our first products to our first clients.
Our offer enables all life science researchers to easily access the promising technology of single-cell sequencing, which greatly enhances possibilities of existing bulk genomic sequencing. Our product, based on an innovative proprietary method, is a laboratory research tool to prepare samples for single-cell RNA sequencing. Our laboratory kits are accompanied by a cloud-based software to analyze results of single-cell sequencing.
Our clients are researchers, mainly academics, in all fields of medical/life science. In the first commercial phase we’ll be aiming for direct sales in France. Market distribution within the sales team to be discussed with respect to the candidate’s background.
Salary range €65-75K depending on experience.
Candidates are expected to include a cover letter at the beginning of their CV explaining their motivations for applying.
- Organize and perform client presentations of our offer within agreed markets
- Prospect and qualify new sales leads
- Coordinate clients’ pre-sales investigations with the internal support team
- Close commercial deals in optimum time frames
- Build relationships with clients to foster repeat buying
- Provide continuous and accurate client feedback to marketing/R&D/management
- Track all sales activities in the company CRM system and keep current by updating account information regularly
- Work with management to determine pricing schedules for promotions and deals, new product opportunities,
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
Candidates must demonstrate the skills necessary to successfully perform their role AND to fit with Scipio bioscience’s strong company culture:
- Taste for challenge
- Ability to work in a demanding fast-paced environment (start-up environment)
- Capable of understanding complex technologies and applications
- Readiness to investigate
- Ready to lead digital sales
- Results orientated
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build rapport with all stakeholders
- Personal and business integrity
- R&D environment / dominant culture
- Strong company attachment to key values: kindness, diversity, cooperativity, honesty
- Higher studies in life science enabling understanding of single-cell sequencing (PhD preferred but would consider non-PhD candidates with minimum 3-5 years lab-based experience). Preferred specialism: genomics, cellular biochemistry, bioinformatics and/or similar disciplines offering a sound understanding of genetics, multiomics and cellular mechanisms
- Business experience and/or MBA
- Experience of sales (5 years minimum) to researchers and/or experience of sale of laboratory and/or research tools. Preferred experience in companies that specialize in technological products for the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French (essential)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with the ability to build productive business professional relationships. Experience with MS Dynamics CRM is a plus
- Negotiation skills