Scipio Bioscience is a start-up company developing an innovative solution for sample preparation in single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq). This solution, based on a kit format and complemented by a SaaS product for the analysis of the data from this kit, will allow decentralized and flexible sample preparation in all laboratories and will provide the means for new advances first in transcriptomics but also in all fields of clinical and fundamental research. Hosted in the heart of Paris (Institut du Cerveau, Pitié Salpêtrière), it has a multidisciplinary team of about twenty people and is supported by a recent €6 million fundraising campaign.
As a member of the R&D team, the DNA Synthesis engineer will contribute to the development of single-cell analysis projects, with a special focus on complex DNA synthesis steps, potentially including chemical DNA synthesis from solid surfaces, oligonucleotide grafting to surfaces, and modified oligonucleotide synthesis. We are looking for a highly motivated, rigorous, and independent scientist with strong hands-on experimental skills and deep knowledge about analytical methods in cell and molecular biology. The successful candidate should show high interest in biotechnology advances and be proactive to follow the continuous development in the field. This position requires a strong capacity to rigorously design, execute and report experiments and involves close interaction with colleagues in our multidisciplinary team.
This position is a full-time permanent position (CDI).
- Lead projects for high-quality cell barcoding systems
- Develop highly efficient barcoding material and procedures to link to the targeted single cells
- Establish and implement quantitative assays to characterize cells quality and modification
- Design and execute well-thought-out experiments
- Participate in systematic data analysis to identify critical steps for optimization
- Work in a collaborative manner and respect lab regulations
- Record laboratory notebooks accurately
Required profile/Required skills
- Master or equivalent or higher degree in molecular/cell biology, biophysics, biochemistry, or related field with a minimum of 5-years postdoc or industrial experience
- High technical skills and deep knowledge in:
- Nucleic acid synthesis in both enzymatic and chemical ways
- Nucleic acid purification, amplification and characterization
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and French
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines while producing high-quality results independently
- Experience in automated liquid handling systems (use and custom protocol development)
- Experience in sample preparation and analysis of single-cell -omics
- Experience and knowledge in next-generation sequencing sample preparation and analysis workflow
- Experience in product-oriented development
- Please fill the form below attaching your CV/résumé and we will get back to you shortly!