Scipio bioscience is a French biotech startup developing, manufacturing and selling laboratory kits and analysis software for single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq). Single-cell sequencing is a most promising technology which greatly enhances possibilities of existing bulk genomic sequencing. Our goal is to enable all life-science researchers to easily access this new single-cell technology by breaking down the technical, logistical, and financial barriers through scientific innovation.
Scipio bioscience is backed by leading VCs (Seventure, M Ventures, HTGF, Verve Ventures, Arbevel) after 2 financing rounds: 1.5m€ seed in September 2017 and 6m€ Series A in January 2020. We are based in Paris 14 (at the hospital Cochin within the Paris Biotech Santé incubator) and our business language is English.
Our first commercial solution, based on an innovative proprietary method, has been announced at the Festival of Genomics & Biodata last January (watch our CEO’s presentation here). It consists of the Asteria benchtop kit for sample preparation and the Cytonaut cloud-based software service for analysis of sequencing results.
We are actively preparing the commercial launch of our solution taking place in the incoming months. Targeted customers are researchers, mainly academics, in all fields of medical/life science. A strong online marketing campaign as well as joint initiatives with leading industry partners and KOLs are the main marketing support actions for this launch.
Our go-to-market strategy is primarily through distributors in our main target countries, but we will also have direct sales in territories not yet covered by a distribution exclusivity.
Existing team and values
Scipio bioscience is a 38-person team sharing strong values, most notably: integrity, open-mindedness, rigor, and taste for challenge. Our work ethics are based on mutual trust, kindness, cooperativity, honesty, and diversity of thought, opinion and background.
The Channel Partnerships Director role include the following duties:
- Organizing and implementing operational cooperation with signed distributors
- Supporting and managing the initial sales of our first solution by those distributors following commercial launch
- Coordinating distributors support with internal team (Technical support, R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing)
- Assessing sales objectives by distributor and closely following up on execution
- Identifying and selecting new distributors in relevant territories
- Negotiating and periodically reviewing distribution agreements
- Providing continuous and accurate feedback to marketing/R&D/management
- Reporting on sales objectives and channel partnerships support strategy
Candidates must demonstrate the skills necessary to successfully perform their role AND to fit with Scipio’s strong company culture:
- Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment (start-up environment)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build rapport with all stakeholders (internal / external)
- Understanding of complex technologies and applications
- Pragmatism and results orientation
- Taste for challenge
- R&D environment / dominant culture
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong company attachment to key values: kindness, diversity, cooperativity, honesty
- Higher studies in life science enabling understanding of NGS/single-cell sequencing. Preferred specialty: genomics, cellular biochemistry, bioinformatics
- 5 years minimum experience in a distributors/channel partnerships management position is a must. Preferably in companies that specialize in technological products for the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets similar to Thermofisher, Qiagen, Takara, BioRad etc. We expect a high and up-to-date level of expertise on market best practices.
- Previous experience on the US market would be a strong plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French (essential)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with CRM practices. Experience with MS Dynamics CRM is a plus
- Negotiation skills