Scipio bioscience is a start-up company developing an innovative solution for sample preparation in single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq). This solution, based on a kit format and complemented by a SaaS product for the analysis of the data from this kit, will allow decentralized and flexible sample preparation in all laboratories and will provide the means for new advances first in transcriptomics but also in all fields of clinical and fundamental research. Hosted in the heart of Paris (Institut du Cerveau, Pitié Salpêtrière), it has a multidisciplinary team of about twenty people and is supported by a recent €6 million fundraising campaign.
This position fits in the R&D and application development of a single-cell analysis project, focusing on developing highly efficient cell barcoding procedures for single-cell assays. We are looking for a highly motivated, rigorous, and independent scientist with strong hands-on experimental skills and deep knowledge about cell biology methods such as cell dissociation, storage, characterization, and separation. The successful candidate should show high interest in biotechnology advances and be proactive to follow the continuous development in the field. This position requires a strong capacity to rigorously design, execute and report experiments and involves close interaction with colleagues in our multidisciplinary team.
This position is a full-time permanent position (CDI).
- Lead projects for high-quality single-cell suspensions and cell surface modification from different types of tissue
- Establish and implement quantitative assays to characterize cells quality and modification
- Design and execute well-thought-out experiments
- Participate in systematic data analysis to identify critical steps for optimization
- Work in a collaborative manner and respect lab regulations
- Record laboratory notebooks accurately
Required profile/Required skills
- Master or equivalent or higher degree in cell biology or related field with a minimum of 5-years postdoc or industrial experience
- High technical skill and deep knowledge in cell dissociation, storage, characterization et cell surface chemistry (flow cytometry, fluorescent microscopy, transfection, lipofection) for cell-type identification and separation
- Strong hands-on experimental skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and French
- Ability to work with tight deadlines while producing high-quality results independently
- Experience in single-cell assays
- Experience in cell-based assays for micropatterning and mechanical stress response
- Expertise on multiple cell types
- Experience and knowledge in next-generation sequencing workflows
- Molecular biology techniques like nucleic acid extraction, quantitative PCR, etc.
- Please fill the form below attaching your CV/résumé and we will get back to you shortly!