Currently, the Asteria single-cell RNAseq kit has been validated to process mammalian cells, including primary and cultured cell lines.
Yes, the Asteria kit features a stopping point 2 hours after starting the protocol. The sample can then be safely stored at -80 °C overnight without loss of transcriptomic information. Stability for a longer period is being tested and further data will be made available soon.
The use of Asteria single-cell RNA kit only requires basic cell and molecular biology laboratory equipment. A shortlist is available below,
please refer to the User Guide for more details.
• PCR thermocycler
• Cell counting equipment (microscope and C-chips from Nanotek are recommended)
• Orbital shaker
• Benchtop centrifuge for 1.5 mL microtubes
• Mini-centrifuge for 1.5 mL microtubes
• Rotator/wheel for 1.5 mL microtubes
• Calibrated Micropipettes (P10, P20, P200, P1000)
• Vortex mixer
• Sterile and nuclease-free micropipette filtered tips (low-retention tips are recommended)
• DNase/RNase-free 1.5 mL microtubes
• DNase/RNase-free PCR strips
• Molecular biology grade DNase/RNase-free water
• 0.1M NaOH solution (freshly prepared from Molecular biology grade stock solution)